BrainTrust Corporation (BTC) was founded by Mr. Brian Skutt, in 2001, in response to the events of 9/11. BTC initially offered “first responder” services in the area of emergency communications. The business expanded to include other RF engineering and Research/Development including site surveys and HF / VHF / microwave / millimeter wave systems engineering, design, and deployment. BTC builds and deploys RF beacons for propagation analysis and for radio direction finding.
- In 2002, BTC expanded further to include business consulting and technology transfer, primarily in conjunction with the Howard County, MD Neo-Tech Center. BTC moved to our current location in Mt. Airy, MD and established a modern RF engineering laboratory at that location.
- In 2006, BTC added Cybersecurity Systems Engineering and Policy Analysis Services, and won and delivered on contracts for IC clients.
- In 2008, BTC began to provide Business Development, Capture and End-to-End Proposal Services including Technical/SME, Management, Cost, and Strategy aspects with a specialty in Orals and major presentation content development and coaching.
- In 2011, BTC established a second RF laboratory in Winchester, VA.
- Since 2012, BTC has provided GovCon consulting to commercial clients seeking to win and deliver their 1st Government contract.
- In 2015, BTC added an additional line of business: Program Management for 1st time contract awardees and to resolve “troubled” programs.
- In 2021, BTC completed the requirements for CVE certification of SDVOSB status.
BTC continues to provide 4 primary lines of business:
- RF engineering, research and development, and teaching/training
- Turnkey technical, management, cost proposals with a specialty in orals presentation and proposal coaching
- Program Management, especially for troubled programs, or for 1st time GovCon contract awardees
- Subject Matter Expertise Consulting and Capture for cybersecurity, staff augmentation, training, engineering, IT operations, and business management
BTC gives back to the Community through charitable and philanthropic activities.